What is Stainless Steel Plate
Stainless steel plate is a flat rolled product that is more than 3/16" thick and greater than 48" wide. Stainless steel plate can be processed to generate finished parts that meet specifications regarding dimensional tolerances, surface finish, strength and corrosion resistance.
The stainless steel plate has a smooth surface, high plasticity, toughness and mechanical strength, and is resistant to corrosion by acids, alkaline gases, solutions and other media. It is an alloy steel that does not rust easily, but not absolutely rust-free. Stainless steel plate refers to a steel plate that is resistant to corrosion by weak media such as atmosphere, steam and water, while acid-resistant steel plate refers to a steel plate that is resistant to corrosion by chemically corrosive media such as acid, alkali, and salt. Stainless steel plate has been around for more than a century since it came out at the beginning of the 20th century.
Stainless steel plate is a steel plate that has been alloyed with chromium and other metals to make it resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel plate is used in many industries, including food processing, chemical processing, and construction. It is also used in the manufacturing of medical devices and supplies.
Features of stainless steel plate
1. Good formability:
Because of its high ductility, stainless steel can be easily formed into various shapes.
2. Excellent corrosion resistance:
Stainless steel does not rust easily, and it is also resistant to many corrosive environments such as acid, alkali and salt water.
3. Good wear resistance:
The wear resistance of stainless steel is much higher than that of ordinary carbon steel, and it is also better than that of some special alloy steels.
4. High temperature resistance:
Stainless steel has good high temperature resistance and can be used in environments above 500 degrees C for a long time without aging or changing color.
Stainless steel plate is a flat-rolled product that is more than three-sixteenths inch but less than one-fourth inch thick and that has been either hot-rolled, cold-rolled, annealed, or pickled.
Stainless steel plate is a flat-rolled product that is more than three-sixteenths inch but less than one-fourth inch thick and that is not harder than a coiled product of the same thickness. It can be either hot-finished or cold-finished, and is usually supplied in the annealed condition.
Advantages of stainless steel plate
1. It is resistant to corrosion .Stainless steel plate has good corrosion resistance to many chemicals as well as industrial atmospheres and marine environments.
2. It is easy to clean and maintain.Stainless steel plate is easy to clean and does not need painting or other finishes that can chip, flake or rust.
3. It is durable and has a long lifespan.
4. It has a high resistance to heat and fire. Stainless steel plate is resistant to heat and can be easily formed into various shapes.
5. It is eco-friendly and 100% recyclable.Stainless steel plate is a sustainable material that can be recycled and reused.